Welcome to Loveallife.com!, a community of people who come together to share experience and knowledge about love, relationships, health, and success. From the heartache of breakups to fun date ideas to advice on how to catch the eye of that special someone, this is the place to write about real-life relationships from beginning to end. This can include friendships, or even just how to live as a single in a world of couples. Most importantly, Loveallife.com! is for sharing the heartfelt joy and love (or sorrow and anger) that can come from living life with other people.
What We Like to See:
- Write From Experience: Articles should be written from the perspective of someone who has actually experienced the situation they are writing about and followed the advice that they’re giving. Your article will be much more interesting if you share a little bit of yourself and why the topic is important to you. We want our authors to be writing from a place of knowledge, and it is optimal when this is apparent to readers so that they can trust the information and recommendations that you share.
- Specificity and Details: Though you might not want to share all your personal dating history on Loveallife.com!, it is important to include details and specificity so that your articles come across as heartfelt and meaningful, not generic. There is a lot of content on the Internet on love and romance. How is your article different? Why should readers listen to you?
- Answer the Question of Your Title Quickly, Then Build: Readers want to be given the answer to their query quickly. If they don’t think they are going to get it, they often hit the back button to continue their search. The best articles answer the reader’s question quickly then go into more detail further down the page. If possible, use formatting like bullets or numbering to make your article even easier to read.
- Original Photos: It’s wonderful when articles contain high-quality images, preferably taken by the author. If not taken by the author, photos should at least be accurately sourced and of high quality. Though some articles might not necessarily need photos, adding images improves the readability of your article and makes it more likely to be shared on social media. Sharing your own photos helps readers know who you are! They’ve already seen stock photos on the Internet.
- Numbered Lists: If an article lists a number in the title (i.e.: “Top 10 Tips for Getting Over a Breakup”), it will be much more readable if the items on the list are numbered throughout the text. This improves readability and increases the likelihood that readers will finish reading the article.
What to Avoid:
- Generic Advice: Put your own spin on the topic! There are many articles on the Internet about relationships. If your article does not have anything personal in it or only contains information easily found on other sites, it will not be selected for Loveallife.com!.
- Unfounded Claims: Avoid guaranteeing any particular relationship outcome as the result of someone taking the advice in your article. In reality, every relationship is different and it’s impossible to guarantee any particular result.
- Rants: Relationships can hurt, but Loveallife.com! is a place where people come to share their advice and help other people have better relationships. Rants or personal messages are best left for personal blogs. A rant might have the following characteristics: be directed at one person in particular, use highly-charged language (I hate you, I can’t believe you, I hope you’re happy), offer little or no advice regarding how to get through the particular situation, be written either as a journaling exercise or only for the author’s benefit, or be written to hurt or expose someone.